Ways to Add Value to Your Home
There are many ways to add value to your home. Renovations can cost anywhere from a hundred to a few thousand dollars depending on which projects are most important to you. When in doubt, spending a little of your renovation budget on an interior designer or realtor’s opinion and expertise is a good idea. Hiring a handyman makes renovations easy and quick.
- Give your house a deep clean. Consider hiring a professional to ensure that every nook and cranny is cleaned from top to bottom.
- Repaint with neutral colors.
- Install shelving to increase storage space in closets and the garage.
- Going solar for your power and/or water heater increases your home’s value while keeping your utility costs low.
- Keep your space clutter-free to make areas appear larger and therefore more visually appealing.
- Knockout non-structural walls to create a more open floor plan.
- Remove popcorn ceilings.
- Add crown molding or box beams to your ceiling to enhance the visual appeal of rooms.
- Update lighting fixtures to increase energy cost-efficiency.
- Add in dimmer switches for a small added luxury.
- Remove carpets. Instead opt for hardwood floors which are easier to clean and increase the visual appeal of an area.
- Area rugs can work to make an area appear larger while also preserving your flooring from furniture scratches.
- Update appliances - anything from a new microwave to a matching stainless set.
- Appliances with an energy star label use 10-50% less water and energy which saves you money while adding value.
- Refinish or replace cabinets and countertops.
- Update the kitchen sink by replacing the whole sink or even just the faucet.
- Add a purified water system
- Update sink, shower, and tub faucets.
- Replace old toilets with low-flush toilets.
- Replace frosted glass with clear glass.
- Install walk-in showers.
- Have your windows professional cleaned. Streak- and dirt-free windows brighten up a space.
- Planting shade trees in the proper place can cut down on heating and cooling costs.
- Keep trees and hedges trimmed to enhance curb appeal.
- Replace patchy grass with new sod.
- Update your front door. Not only does this increase curb appeal, but updating any entrances may increase the efficiency of your air and heating units.
- Resurface your concrete. Add cobblestone, brick, or slate finishes around your driveway and patio for a more modernized look.
- Repaint the exterior for a fresh, clean look.
While realtors agree that kitchen and bathroom updates have the greatest increase on a home’s value, all of these renovations add to your home’s visual appeal. For added structural appeal, hire an inspector to tell you the repairs your home needs - big and small. By keeping up with routine maintenance you are adding value while preventing major breakdowns in your home. If you have any hesitations on your ability to perform renovations and updates, hire a handyman to make sure things get done right the first time. This will save you effort, time, and money.
Handyman House Techs provides professional and reliable home improvement and repair services, including lighting and electrical upgrades. No job is too small or big. We are located in Gulfport, MS. If you need some extra help around your home, give us a call for a free, no obligation, quote at (228) 2970063 or visit us on our website www.handymanhousetechs.com!
© Southern View Media 2018: Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited. All Rights Reserved. “We Put You Online So You Don't Get Left Behind.